MILWAUKEE — Purdue Basketball announces its NCAA Tournament second round game against Texas on Sunday night in the Fiserv Forum arena. Both teams battle with a trip to the Sweet 16 down the line.
The Boilermakers qualified for the 2017 Milwaukee Sweet 16, beating another Big 12 team at Iowa State 80-76.
This is how our live blog works. We’ll keep you up to date with everything happening in the game in real time, keeping you up to date with rotations, scores and trends. Highlights will be included as they become available.
Scroll to continue
Saint Peter’s awaits the winner of the match. The latest articles will be at the top.
PRE-MATCH — Purdue will start with the same starting lineup, as planned, for its game against Texas.
- Second-year forward Mason Gillis
- Zach Edey sophomore center
- Second-year guard Jaden Ivey
- Lead goaltender Eric Hunter Jr.
- Senior guard Sasha Stefanovic
Purdue Basketball Stories
- HOW TO WATCH: Purdue announces the second round of the NCAA tournament on Sunday against Texas. The game is scheduled for 8:40 p.m. ET and will be broadcast live on TNT. Here’s everything you need to know about the game. CLICK HERE
- TOP SEED BAYLOR LOSES TO NORTH CAROLINA: The Eastern regional slice remains open for Purdue. No. 1 seed Baylor was upset by North Carolina on Saturday, just two days after No. 2 seed Kentucky lost in the first round. Boilers #3 are now the highest remaining seeds in the area. CLICK HERE
- WHAT MATT PAINTER SAID BEFORE THE GAME AGAINST TEXAS: Purdue basketball coach Matt Painter met the media Saturday ahead of the team’s NCAA Tournament second-round game with Texas. CLICK HERE
- WHAT PURDUE PLAYERS SAID BEFORE TEXAS GAME: Purdue basketball players Jaden Ivey, Mason Gillis and Eric Hunter Jr. met the media on Saturday ahead of the NCAA Tournament second round game with Texas. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE FAMILIAR WITH TEXAS GUARD MARCUS CARR: Senior guard Marcus Carr spent two seasons in Minnesota before moving to Texas. He’s been booked against Purdue three times in his career, including a win last season at Minneapolis. CLICK HERE
- STEFANOVIC BOOSTS CONFIDENCE IN POST-SEASON: Purdue senior Sasha Stefanovic knocked down two straight points in a 78-56 win over Yale on Friday in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. He is gradually regaining his self-confidence after going through shooting difficulties. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE STEAMROLLS YALE, 78-56: Purdue basketball passed Yale on Friday in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, led by Jaden Ivey, a record 22 points. Zach Edey scored 16 points while Caleb Furst also added 10 from the bench. CLICK HERE